• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What a day of loading coins. posted by ADH

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

What else is there to do on a Saturday in Spring? Somehow I end up working on my coins instead of yard work.

With a month and a week away from retirement from my job, and some decisions to make as to what to do next, instead of being proactive and getting my paperwork in, I chose to spend it organizing my collection. So the garden will have to wait for another day to get started. Lucky for me that we have a pretty good growing season, and good soil. So I can make up for all the procrastination later. I went through set after set of coins adding to them the ones which are the most beautiful of what I have amassed. By the end of the day, I moved quit a bit and even impressed myself. I never thought that as a small time collector that I was able to get into the top 200. It just goes to show you what a lot of good coins can do! I see the kings of the registry and they manage to get great numbers with a few coins. Coins whose pricetags I could never touch, but then only a few can! In my case, I get coins which work on building sets and don't bust the bank to do so. If rough times come, I think that as they are not high end, I should be able to find them good homes. Time will tell, and yes I do need to get rid of the lesser grades and duplicates in order to make room for the coins I need to get to make a complete set. But a good deal is hard to pass up, especially if it is a Morgan or Buffalo nickel. They are special in their beauty and design.

Time is late and it is past 1:30 in the evening, so it is off to bed and another day. Take care and enjoy your coins.