• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1853 United States Liberty Head Gold Dollar NGC AU-58 on eBay

1 post in this topic

If you were asked to choose two obsolete coins that showcased the range and diversity of the United States Mint, which two would you select? I suppose many people would opt for a half cent and a St. Gaudens $20 gold piece. The two extremes. And that would be a fine choice.

But this is my auction and I would choose a Morgan silver dollar and a Liberty Head gold dollar. Both certified by NGC, as you can’t be too safe these days.

Put these in your display case and you will hear “I can’t believe how tiny that coin is…” and “I think my grandmother had one of those!” But more often than not you will hear “I can’t believe they were both worth a dollar.”

You probably already have a nice frosty certified Morgan silver dollar and we’ll assume you are reading this because you have been looking at gold dollars.

Good, you are in the right place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140409944500&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT