• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We have had earthquakes in Arkansas, post a cracked planchet or major die crack!

24 posts in this topic

We have had two small earthquakes in my local area within the last month. This is not exactly a common occurance here lol

Lets see your coins with cracked, split, or clamshelled planchets or even major laminations or major die cracks. (thumbs u

97860.jpg97861.jpg

Oh, give me a home where the earthquakes don't roam

And the deer and the buffs are at play............

98705.jpg.00918918833ca0d953ba3499fc604a02.jpg

Charleston is built on top of one of the most active faults in the country. We have dozens and dozens of mini-quakes a year, reaching 1 or 2 on the Richter scale. Every couple of years, they get to 3 or 4, and then you can feel them. Luckily, we haven't had a big one since 1886 - but then we had one about 7.0 that demolished much of the city. They keep saying we are overdue for another big one.

JPER61obverse.jpg

Certainly not a major die crack... just a baby one... kind of like Arkansas earthquakes. I am in my office at home right now looking out on the San Andreas fault, which is about a 1/2 mile from my house as the crow flies, so I'm somewhat jaded regarding earthquakes (although, needless to say, the good Lord willing, I hope to never have to deal with a Big one). Now, of course, if we had even a baby tornado come through here I'd be freaking out.

1265_63_BobOb.jpg

1265_63_BobRev.jpg

No major die cracks, the only one I have is in the neck.

fusion.jpgfusionII.jpg

Looks like my right ankle. Much less metal though.

Here is my favorite cracked planchet...'

446-comp.jpg

Here in Colorado we have more Tornadoes, Lightening & Hail then any where in the world but just a few Earthquakes, so there's always a Silver lining... :whee:

reals_003_web.jpg

PS... Saen, love the 13, if you ever decide to let her go just let me know... :wishluck: