• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advertisment (US Mint embellishment)

8 posts in this topic

addyedit.jpg

Is it just me or is this statement telling me the US Mint approved all of this?

(advertisement came in the mail for Presidential Dollars attached to history cards, the edited area had my name there)

Am I misconstrued?

Nothing false about the statement at all.

Did the U.S. Mint distribute the Washington Dollar when it was produced? Yes! Then, can't that be construed to mean that the George Washington Presidential Dollar was approved by the U.S. Mint?

It doesn't say that the U.S. Mint approved your name for this offer.

It doesn't say the U.S. Mint approved this exclusive offer.

They've worded it in such a way to give you that impression, but when you analyze the sentence structure, you find that it doesn't say that at all.

Chris

I think it can be "to easily" misconstrued into you thinking the prestigious US Mint was somehow involved with this company, in a way they are, but they are only selling something on the secondary market t hat was produced at the Mint which is/was readily available to any consumer.

I guess since they stuck a card board tag around it they can call it however they like. I just know my Mom (rest her soul) would have though involvement. She was very smart but yet naive when it came to stuff like this. I guess that's who these companies prey on.

addyedit.jpg

(advertisement came in the mail for Presidential Dollars attached to history cards, the edited area had my name there)

Am I misconstrued?

as woodjeff said it is cleverly worded

the word us mint is not trade marked nor is it copyrighted but there are companies that have this name

so the statement is true but of course it is extremely cleverly worded and it makes people think and then come to the wrong conclusion but remember it is the persons conclusion that is wrong

lol

but this is not the clever advertisers problem

myself it is highly wrong and deceptive and personally it is WRONG

but it is not breaking any laws but it comes really close BUT REMEMBER CLOSE ONLY COUNTS IN HORSESHOES AND HAND GRENADES

AND REMEMBER THE AVERAGE PERSON WHICH IS 99.999% OF PEOPLE READING THIS AD

are stupid, ignorant, uninformed or just want to believe and this is not good or bad just the way it is

so this is an added plus or icing on the cake so to speak for the advertiser

and guess what??

IT WORKS.............................................

now if you really want to be honest and tell the whole truth and be straight forward with people then go into business and sell stuff like this and be perfectly frank and honest and you will wind up selling nothing and out of biz quick if not filing bankrupty lol

addyedit.jpg

Am I misconstrued?

It says the US Mint approved the collection. According to the US Mint at http://www.usmint.gov/consumer/?action=busGuide⊂=selling

"Do make it clear in your advertisement and marketing materials that your business is not affiliated with the United States Government in any way."

"Do make it clear in your advertising and marketing materials that your business has repackaged, renamed, or reassembled United States Mint-issued products."

They are not clear that the business is not affiliated with the US Mint or that it is repackage from the US Mint. It says the US Mint approved this collection. This is not true. These folks are in violation of Title 31, Section 92, Subpart C of the Code of Federal Regulations. I would inform the US Mint.

Scott