• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liberty Nickel posted by James_ny1

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A "D" or not a "D"...that is the question...

I recently decided to check on some other auctions sites that a good friend of mine suggested. Being new, I was unsure on how to navigate but quickly got the hang of it.

I was looking for raw Liberty Nickels to fill the hole that was made some time ago when I sold the ones I had.

This 1912 Liberty Nickel that didn't look to bad (sometimes the pictures are, to quote my son, "hor-a-bib-le") was calling out to me. So I decide to bid, $2.99 + $1.75 for shipping. I checked back the next day and won it.

I had the coin for over 2 weeks before I decided to really give the "once over"...pleasant surprise...it was a 1912 D Liberty Nickel. The D was a little hard to make out (hoped it was an "S") but either way I am very please. So for $4.74 I got a nice coin. I'd say its minimum XF so I'm very happy. (sorry no pic...it 209 KB...75 KB in the minimum.)

Thanks for reading!!

James