• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Unfortunate News - Downsizing of Collection posted by J. Anaya

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Some Unfortunate News - Downsizing of Collection

Alas this is a posting that I never thought I would be making. Due to the tough times that has been affecting most of us for the last year and a half it has become my turn to be hit. Due of this new development I am changing my collecting tactics and will be focusing on the few areas where I am most interested and had the most meaning to me.

Originally the coins that I was mainly focusing on were in the following areas:

-Presidential $1 Proofs

-Modern Commemorative Half Dollars in both Mint State and Proofs

-Modern Commemorative Silver Dollars in both Mint State and Proofs

-American Eagles in Mint State

-American Eagles in Proof

I was really starting to gather quite a nice collection with very good goals to obtain. I also had a large number fo MS and PF70 coins. I was talking to my wife and she helped to put things more into prespective. She said to just give it some time and you will have a better collection once you start collectiong full blast now.

So with my collecting plans significantly changing I have decided to keep my meaningful commemoratives (which my mother gave me prior to her passing away. I have also decided to keep all of my graded Presidxential $1 coins both in MS and Proof states, using thoseto build up.

So after some long thought here is my next my next focus on my newly adjusted collecting habits:

1) Presidental $1 - Proof Coins

2) Presidental $1 - Mint State Coins

3) Yearly US Mint Set - Proof Coins

4) Yearly US Mint Set - Mint State Coins

Unfortunately, my collection will be the main focus of my adjusted collecting habits. I don't think that it will be too long before I can reaim my collecting habits to include my previous coins. My ultimate goal is to get back on track and eventually surpass what my pre downsize collection was. With these new goals I am hoping that I will be able to build a new collection significantly larger than my old one.

I should have my collection updated to include the coins I have sold. On another note, there is now a great drive within me to gather and replace the coinsI sold.

Of course I will still be on this forum and checking my fellow numsimatic enthusiast collections.