• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Box Arrives!!! posted by Kamakazy

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Changed my mind once I saw them all graded. (I can't let them go).....

A bunch of Gold eagles came back today and are in my registry now with photos. Started adding Platinum and Gold Commemoratives too.

I was disappointed that NGC used the "old" slabs this go around even though I specifically asked for the "new" slabs. Eh, no biggie.

My two favorites are now the 99 P$25 PF69UC Eagle and the 1986W Liberty $5PF69UC.

(Scan)

So, the story behind the Isle of Man Noble is this. In 1996 I had a very good friend that lived in Miami (come to think of it, he is still a good friend) and he is quite wealthy and affluent.

After a couple of years he trusted me with keys to his house and my girlfriend at the time and I used to crash his house when he was out of town.

One weekend I crashed his pool by myself and ran into this old couple sitting by the pool enjoying themselves and they even had a little "helper" standing by to bring them drinks.

I was kind of shocked at other people that I didn't know crashing his place while he was traveling. They stated they were friends of Patrick's and showed me keys to his house, so, I apologized and went to excuse myself when they invited me to stay.

What the heck I thought, free booze and it was a nice weekend to be at the pool, and besides I was planning on crashing there for the weekend anyway.

That entire weekend I hung out with them and their little "helper" shuffled food and drinks. I never saw them again after that weekend, and a few years later after I moved to NC from FL, I recanted the story to Patrick.

He literrally laughed deep and told me that they were the Baron and Baroness of the Isle of Man. At the time I told him the story he told me that the Baron had died earlier that year but the Baroness was still doing well.

I was absolutely in disbelief but I swore that I would get Patrick to get me a gold or platinum Noble for the collection. It has taken a couple of years but a small package arrived this week from the Isle of Man with the Royal Seal and I knew he had finally secured the Noble.

Sure, I could have bought one at any time but I was determined to get one directly from the Baroness whom I had spent a great weekend with and it had never occurred to me to ask them who they were or what they did.

Enjoy the updates.

Kamakazy

7328.JPG