• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a new home

9 posts in this topic

That's a really pretty coin. I don't see many nicely and deeply toned '78-S dollars; is it just me or do they not come with great toning like some of the later dates? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Although I like my 78-s dollars very much, the nicest one I've seen belongs to (of course) GSAGUY. He picked it up at the ANA in New York from Larry Sheppard. It is really something else. All that aside you are correct most 78-s's come terribly toned. To find a nice one like this takes some time. I have added a photo of my other 78-s, this one is a 64

589a8bdc32317_398813-N478-s.jpg.54796beec95999c11b7c2a1da922b151.jpg

Tom,

Nope, those are two different coins. They do look very much alike in a lot of ways. I just happen to be the owner of two nice 78-s coins. one is 65, and the other is a 64. I'll attach the full view to this post.

589a8bdc34869_399270-N478-sH.jpg.8af9995733718aceb0a6b6b9be23249e.jpg

Very Nice, and I have to agree that this is a tough date to find with eye appeal.

To find one with color is not that difficult, but to find one with nice luster, and vibrant color without the spotting that plagues this date is a tough task.