• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photo Contest Finals - Obverse - WINNER Announced

Coin Contest Finals - Obverse  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Coin Contest Finals - Obverse

33 posts in this topic

Jason... is the obverse photo on yours a compilation? It looks like the center, bust, is one photo and the fields another? Kinda like what you did on your colorful Franky.

Yes, my photos were compilations. The obverse is made up of 12 different images, and the reverse used 7. This was actually the first coin I did this on.

I think the majority of the images did an outstanding job in representing the coin. It's tough to render a decision on the best image of a coin that hasn't been seen in hand. There are really no reference points, other than the TrueView. That is really not a fair comparison for several reason. TrueViews rarely depict the true look of the coin, although Phil does a fabulous job with his images.

Anyone who achieved an image without glare and with color and focus get an A++ in my book. The glare alone made the job close to an impossibility.