• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best place to go for coin stands/easels?

12 posts in this topic

When I get to move out and have my own aparment in a few months I'm hoping to set up a display with some of my coins in stands/easels for decoration. I've seen some of you post pictures with them and I was wondering where you go to buy stands sized right for a slabbed coin?

I bought a package of 100 of the first one in this link: http://www.jpscorner.com/Easels_Display_Stands.htm

I use them everywhere, they fit PCGS, NGC, and 2x2s very well, and make an attractive display on a shelf. My brother is getting sick of them - since I bought 100, I sure as heck want to use 100 ;)

If I were to display any of my coins at home, I would want to have a curio cabinet or maybe one those wooden displays that can be hung on a wall. I also like the wooden and felt boxes that hold from one to three (or is it five?) coins.

If I were to display any of my coins at home, I would want to have a curio cabinet or maybe one those wooden displays that can be hung on a wall. I also like the wooden and felt boxes that hold from one to three (or is it five?) coins.

I saw one that can hold up to 6 slabs.

I ordered this Amish-made curio cabinet for my shotglass collection, and it can hold as many as seven shelves (as shown) instead of the typical three or four shelves. I will probably get rid of the shotglasses and convert this for some of my coins.

Chris

97986.jpg.480252e0f171d4c7e7e2604d33d1d407.jpg

Yes, that is a very nice pice of furniture and what I had in mind.

Another option, though it might be a more expensive one, is to buy an old coin cabinet. I have only seen them in European auctions but they seem cheap for a nice old piece of furniture. The shipping might be rather expensive though and cost as much as the item or if not, at least few hundred dollars.

I ordered this Amish-made curio cabinet for my shotglass collection, and it can hold as many as seven shelves (as shown) instead of the typical three or four shelves. I will probably get rid of the shotglasses and convert this for some of my coins.

Chris

Wow, that's an impressive collection and a pretty cabinet. I've got a small box of maybe 20-30 shot glasses, but I don't know what to do with them. I'm not interested in collecting them any more.

I have about 5 or 6 Texas A&M themed shot glasses that I keep mostly for my purposes. I'm not highly interested in having anything even close to that cabinet. :applause:

Yes, that is a very nice pice of furniture and what I had in mind.

Another option, though it might be a more expensive one, is to buy an old coin cabinet. I have only seen them in European auctions but they seem cheap for a nice old piece of furniture. The shipping might be rather expensive though and cost as much as the item or if not, at least few hundred dollars.

This solid cherry cabinet was purchased about 12 years ago from a store in Ft. Myers, FL called Simply Amish. With the four additional shelves, it was priced at $1625. Since it was to take about 90 days to special order it, the owners, Tom & Denise, accepted my offer of $1250 because I paid cash in advance.

Chris

Chris

Wow, that's an impressive collection and a pretty cabinet. I've got a small box of maybe 20-30 shot glasses, but I don't know what to do with them. I'm not interested in collecting them any more.

Michael,

The theme or design of each shotglass will be a big factor in their interest as collectibles, and there are other people who might be interested in them. What sort of designs do you have? You might try putting them on eBay as one lot, and see if you can't get $30-$50 for them. It's my guess that you could probably (carefully) wrap them individually and put them all in a $7.95 Priority Flat Rate box.

Chris