• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My six year old daughter is in the game!! posted by Kamakazy

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Chinese Pandas.

I know a lot of collectors tend to shy away from the Panda series due to the China/Tibet conflict. I tend to agree with you.

That being said, my six year old daughter used to take a "small" interest in new coins but personally I think she just liked getting into the safe so she could play with mommy's baubles.

"Daddy, can you open the safe so I can play with the coins?." It was quite enlightening to see her chubby little fingers holding my loop and looking at a few coins. She would then move straight to the jewelry.

Imagine my excitement when she discovered that her favorite animal, The Panda, was on a gold coin. "Daddy, I want them." Not, "Daddy I want, ONE." (but them.)

Now being that she is six and granted she already knows a chart needs to go up and to the right and green means there are more buyers than sellers I decided what the heck, let's see what the kid has got.

I read her a few articles on how to spot the counterfeits used in jewelry and gave her a $500.00 budget to start. Not a bad start and she managed to get a really good deal on both from a local dealer who was very kind on her first purchase. Must have been her golden curls!

Her two first gold purchases are attached. I am sorry, if you HATE Pandas, but I think they have insured my collection will survive one more generation after I am gone.

Cheers!

7280.JPG