• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: I call Bull-Sh**!

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Posted: 4/26/2010 10:55:09 AM Views: 115 Coins in registry they don't own!

I call Bull-Sh**!

I will not reveal my source (WHY NOT, EXPOSURE SOMETIMES IS THE CURE), however I have been told that there are a number of farces on this registry. It was brought to my attention after I purchased a coin on EBAY and someone else had it in thier registry (I JUST EXPERIENCED THE SAME SITUATION). Normally I would think they owned the coin at one time, but when I contacted the seller, he stated he bought it from the mint, had it graded and I was the only other owner. We had an in-depth discussion and he stated that is becoming more and more widespread. Some sellers on Ebay have begun whiting out the registration number (THAT WILL STING GUYS LIKE ME WHO USE THE NUMBERS TO VERIFY AND PRICE ON NGC, BUT COULD BE A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM AT HAND).

I will say this, I have found the USER ID (LIKE I SAID, EXPOSURE COULD BE THE CURE, LET THEM ANSWER TO YOUR CLAIMS) of the person on this registry listing MY COIN and he/she has never owned it. I will also say this person is in the top 200! Better take my NGC 70 2008 UNC Gold Eagle off your registry!!

Members are getting NGC and PCGS registration numbers off of slabs they see on EBAY and adding them to thier registry witout owning the coin! (IVE SEEN IT)

It is mostly happening with a select few that don't post gallery pictures of the coin because they don't own it!

I think that NGC registry should not allow you to add a coin to your registry until a photo is uploaded to combat this abuse. (THAT IDEA WOULD ONLY SLOW DOWN THE PROBLEM, ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS SAVE THE EBAY PICTURE AND THEN POST THAT)

Hell, that could even be considered fraud!

Losers! (PERFECT LABEL FOR THEM)

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DO THE THINGS THEY DO. ADDING COINS THAT ARE NOT EVEN THEIRS IS STUPID. HECK, YOU DONT EVEN GET ANYTHING FROM A REGISTRY. I WOULD UNDERSTAND IF YOU WOULD GET A SCOOBY SNACK OR SOMETHING, THEN IT WOULD BE FRAUD. THESE PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY HAVE SOME KIND OF PERSONALITY DISORDER AND THEY REQUIRE ATTENTION TO FILL THE HOLES IN THEIR PATHETIC LITTLE LIVES..

Surprise! This has been going on ever since the Registries were created. Since day one there have been some people listing coins in their registry that they do not own.