• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin photographers.....do you enjoy your coins or your images more?

71 posts in this topic

Ok he we go again , another thread waiting to be deleted because someone can not get along with most of the rest of us and always seems to resort to name calling .

Pretty good pic, SD. What kind of camera are you using? Looks like another light would be good to light up the dark areas and give it a bit more contrast. I do like the blue crescent, though.

Looking at it again: are you tilting the coin? I ask because the top seems more in focus than the bottom.

It's a Canon PowerShot SD1200IS

That's a cheap camera. I wondered why the photo was just ho-hum.

Chris

I will give him a little credit.......my imaging isn't that much better! :baiting:

There is nothing wrong with having a little humility either. There are 28 people in the coin contest, including some very well known coin photographers and I don't think there is one that would cry like this insufficiently_thoughtful_person if you told them their image was out of focus. We all try to be the best we can be, there is nothing wrong with not being the top dog or not being perfect.

I get some bad pictures, some good ones and some that are fantastic. I have a $ 350 camera that does the job for me. Certain coins are very easy to photo such as large silver. The small coins are a nightmare to get right. Maybe one day I will spend the money for a great camera and macro lens but for now I am satisfied with what I have. You can have the best camera in the world but if you don’t have the right lighting you will still get sub par pictures.

Pretty good pic, SD. What kind of camera are you using? Looks like another light would be good to light up the dark areas and give it a bit more contrast. I do like the blue crescent, though.

Looking at it again: are you tilting the coin? I ask because the top seems more in focus than the bottom.

It's a Canon PowerShot SD1200IS

That's a cheap camera. I wondered why the photo was just ho-hum.

Chris

I will give him a little credit.......my imaging isn't that much better! :baiting:

There is nothing wrong with having a little humility either. There are 28 people in the coin contest, including some very well known coin photographers and I don't think there is one that would cry like this insufficiently_thoughtful_person if you told them their image was out of focus. We all try to be the best we can be, there is nothing wrong with not being the top dog or not being perfect.

I just had to look back to see where I am, am I in some kinda photo contest thread robec? Sheesh!

What the............

"insufficiently_thoughtful_person"

What?

That is not what I wrote. Evidentally the word I used is automatically edited. It's not a bad word and it fits the bill here for sure. The word I said was

I

D

I

O

T

;)

"insufficiently_thoughtful_person"

What?

That is not what I wrote. Evidentally the word I used is automatically edited. It's not a bad word and it fits the bill here for sure. The word I said was

I

D

I

O

T

W

I

T

H

B

R

O

W

N

E

Y

E

S

!

Sorry robec, ;)

No need in apologizing to me, I agree with everything you said. My remarks were meant for your buddy, SD4000. Although he won't be reading my post since he has blocked me since his first day here....... thankfully, I might add.

Sorry robec, ;)

No need in apologizing to me, I agree with everything you said. My remarks were meant for your buddy, SD4000. Although he won't be reading my post since he has blocked me since his first day here....... thankfully, I might add.

AHHHHHHH!

How the heck did you know that he is my buddy? hm

Nice photo histogram there Ray.

It clearly shows the camera as a SD1200IS.

*edit* I see that the histogram you show is for a picture of a quarter.

Can you do one of the Morgan dollar posted by SD?

Nice photo histogram there Ray.

It clearly shows the camera as a SD1200IS.

*edit* I see that the histogram you show is for a picture of a quarter.

Can you do one of the Morgan dollar posted by SD?

I would, but there is no exif for the Morgan.

Here is a crop for the exif of the Washington (I know the original is very hard to see)......

Crop.jpg

Gee, I sure wish he would unlock his Photobucket account so we could see how great his photographic skills are. On the other hand, maybe he is trying to hide something.

Chris

thats not even me!!!!!!! thats BNB or you named something BNB.

You don't know your own coin SD?

Yes I named the file "BNB" but you should know your own coin...Right?

Got it from right here .