• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1809 Bust Half

15 posts in this topic

Maybe its the images or maybe its my eyes but I'm little confused by the pattern of the patination...particularly on the reverse hm

It is rather dark and crusty with a bit of gold tone in the fields. I do not think the gold tone is a result of an old dip as there is way to much crust on this coin.

Pictures are pretty accurate . I have seen way to many of these at XF 45 that were overly dipped or really ugly. I am on the fence with this one. I would not consider it an attractive coin , nor do I find it unattractive , I do think it is original.

From the pictures only, I very much like the obverse. I'd have to see the reverse in hand to make a proper determination, but it looks alright. If you got it at a good price, than that looks like a nice, thickly crusted, original coin.

Nice and crusty. I'm glad you won it Mark because I was the under bidder. :applause:

Thanks 123 - you made me pay more for the coin :grin:

One more bid and you would have had me .

I like it. It is old and it looks old. Good combination.

That has to be one of the best descriptions I have heard for a Bust Half . :/

It does look old, real old , she ain’t purty but she is acceptable.