• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting items on eBay

14 posts in this topic

One of the sellers I've dealt with for about 6 years has a couple of interesting items, and I thought I'd pass it along for anyone who may be interested.

The first is a steel hub for a medal of Mont Saint Michel...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380215963253&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The second is a book on Olympic medals and coinage...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380216267517&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Fabrice Volckaert has done many, many favors for me over the years, and this is the least I can do for him.

Chris

This probably belongs in the Marketplace, but that die is cool! Are dies for medals often available?

In six years of searching medals, this is the first time that I have seen a hub listed, and I've seen a die listed twice.

I don't see why this should be listed in the Marketplace. I'm not selling anything, and Fabrice doesn't know anything about it.

Chris

One of the sellers I've dealt with for about 6 years has a couple of interesting items, and I thought I'd pass it along for anyone who may be interested.

The first is a steel hub for a medal of Mont Saint Michel...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380215963253&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The second is a book on Olympic medals and coinage...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380216267517&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Fabrice Volckaert has done many, many favors for me over the years, and this is the least I can do for him.

Chris

Since no one else was interested, I bought it for $100. I will be particularly interested in the section on the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis.

Chris

Very cool....but anytime anyone is selling something especially on Ebay it should be posted in the B/S/T.....it doesn't matter if you are the seller or not. Otherwise I could have Jason post links to my Ebay auctions and say "I thought some of you my be interested in Shane's toners.....so here's a link" lol lol lol

Another good reason not to post it is that I don't usually buy stuff like that and when you post it I find it interesting enough to possibly pull the trigger :devil:

Very cool....but anytime anyone is selling something especially on Ebay it should be posted in the B/S/T.....it doesn't matter if you are the seller or not. Otherwise I could have Jason post links to my Ebay auctions and say "I thought some of you my be interested in Shane's toners.....so here's a link" lol lol lol

Another good reason not to post it is that I don't usually buy stuff like that and when you post it I find it interesting enough to possibly pull the trigger :devil:

Bah humbug! Besides, how many times has someone posted in Recent Acquisitions, "I just won this from so-and-so!" How many times has someone posted, "Check this out!", and no one has said anything.

I'll bet you're just jealous because you probably offered him $110 for it and he rejected your offer. :roflmao:

I love you, buddy!

Chris

If it were a coin hub instead of a medal hub I would gladly pull the trigger for $150 but we all know only nutjobs purchase medals or medal related items :preach:

:foryou:

If it were a coin hub instead of a medal hub I would gladly pull the trigger for $150 but we all know only nutjobs purchase medals or medal related items :preach:

:foryou:

I didn't buy the hub. I bought the book.

Chris

You missed my point....I called Medal buyers nutjobs......and last I checked you have bought a lot of medals so....

Chris = "King of nutjobs" :kidaround:

Shane, how many times have I told you that my last name is derived from the Yiddish word machuginah. I've been living up to it all my life.

I'm still looking for the 1981 ANA 3-medal set. I've only been searching for 5 years.

Chris

Best I can do for you buddy......

1981 ANA Medal

I appreciate the thought.

They produced 350 boxed sets for the convention that year which is the same number produced in 1980 & 1982 except the 1980 was not a boxed set. It would look similar to the 1982..........

96447.jpg.695326f34924dd8ffef20bcda5a6c37c.jpg