• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new idea to enhance the NGC registry

8 posts in this topic

First let me say that I think the NGC registry is a great thing and I really enjoy participating in it. I especially like viewing other people’s coin galleries when they choose to post pictures of their coins. However, I think that the NGC registry could be enhanced by including a “Community Registry Set” under each of the different categories. This “Community Registry Set” would include a ranked listing of all the coins for all registry users for a given date and mint mark. In addition to a listing of all the coins that have been registered by different users, it would also include a “Community Gallery” that would show pictures of all the coins for a given date and mink mark that are registered. I would find the “Community Gallery” to be the most interesting addition because one could see a number of pictures of coins with a given date with various grades. Currently one can go to the Heritage site and see pictures of the coins that were sold by Heritage, but I think that it would be neat to have a similar feature on the NGC registry. I’m curious to see what other people think about this idea.

I think that is a great idea. I have suggested in the past that they should make the Registry searchable and sortable - so, for example, I could look at all the 1953S FBL coins registered with ease.

I believe NGC has some sort of similar feature already available, but it is limited to NGC certified coins only.

• Administrator

Within the coin encyclopedia on ngccoin.com when you drill into a particular design you can go to the image gallery. It will show you a couple of NGC provided samples and a list of NGC registry coins of that type.

http://www.ngccoin.com/CoinDetail.aspx?ContentID=50&selectedLink=imagegallery

I have been looking through some of the images and I think this is a really neat feature. It’s fun to be able to look at all these great coins. However, instead of listing the coins by descending grades, I would rather see the coins listed by date. This way one could quickly find the dates that they are interested in seeing. Does anyone else have an opinion on this issue?