• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two high end Morgan VAMs

2 posts in this topic

I figured I'd preview these here before I put them on the bay or elsewhere. Thanks for looking

First,an NGC MS66 1880 S O over 9 VAM 11. This VAM is listed as a Hot 50 Variety,very desirable.

Very sharp strike.Two very small toning spots on the obverse rim.Can't really see them unless you are looking for 'em.Looking for offers in the $400.00 range.Hard to find solid pricing on this coin,but within the last month or so,two of these sold through Heritage for a total of $460.00 each.

80SVAM111.jpg

80SVAM112.jpg

Second,another cool VAM.This is the 1904-O VAM 28A graded by PCGS as MS65 PL.Incredible deep mirrors should have made this a DMPL but I suppose the lack of contrast makes Prooflike more appropriate.Listed in the SuperCD Clashed dies as the "Trigger" because the remnant of a clashed G on the neck resembles a trigger. To tell from a picture the VAM 28A has a 10 degree rotation of the reverse.Also this is a later die state showing the polish line under LA die marker from the link below.There is no price guidance on this one because so few are available in MS65 PL. This one I will accept offers of 399.00.Here's a link to vamworld for this coin.

I was informed by e-mail that my pricing was too low by almost half according to the new VAMview:2010 price guide. I've only altered my starting price for the 04-O so far.

http://www.vamworld.com/1904-O+VAM-28A

04O65PL1-1.jpg

04O65PL2.jpg