• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Please Introduce yourselves Here

37 posts in this topic

There seems to have been an influx of new members lately, which is a good thing. But, I haven't been able to properly welcome all of you. So, please, if you are a new member, or if you joined a while back and haven't posted much, or if you are a lurker, please post here! Even if you are well known to the PCGS or other boards, please introduce yourselves here - many of us do not participate across the stret, so to us you are completely new.

Please, Introduce yourself, tell us a little about yourself, and what you like to collect so we can welcome you properly!

:hi:

I have posted before, and I believe I introduced myself, but I post so infrequently that some may not know me. So here goes:

My name is Dave and my interest in coins started about sixteen years ago when I was about 12-mainly just trying to fill some Whitman albums with coins from circulation and obtaining various proof and uncirculated sets from the mint. Well, then the teenage years hit me and hit me hard...so my interest faded rather rapidly.

Approximately two years ago, I can't even say why for sure, I became interested again. I had always liked the "Mercury" dime so I began learning about them and finally made a few purchases about a year ago. I have a modest set, and have by no means spent large sums of money, but I certainly get a lot of enjoyment out of this hobby. I am currently working on the short set of years '41-45, and am two coins away from completion. You can see some of what I have in my registry via sig line. Please feel free to criticize if need be.

I am also working on a Dansco 7070, but am about 20 years away from completion on that.

I have learned quite a bit from these forums, so I will take this opportunity to thank everyone for their participation and insight and I look forward to reading more. Thanks!

Welcome Dave. When I first got back into coin collecting I started with a 7070 Dansco Type Set. It took me about 3 years to complete but the hunt was the most fun I have ever had in coin collecting.

Hi... my name is Scott... and I'm a numismatist! :o

Hi... my name is Scott... and I'm a numismatist!

I've Got A Secret ..........

"Will the real ScottB please sit down and the other two please shut up!"

Chris

Folks, I'd like to introduce you to cpm9ball, aka Chris. He's our local clown, and he'll be here all night ;)

According to my contract, I get paid triple time after 4:30pm EST.

Choo Choo

Is it too late to formally introduce myself??

No, just go back and delete all 261 posts that you've made.

Chris

Started with the US Stamps over fifty years ago; jumped into coins about 10 years ago when I saw my first SLABBED MS Saint.

I was fortunate to have a grandfather who traded postage stamps with FDR and the King of England back in the 1935 to 1944 era. Our sir name is KNIGHT.

Picked up a few slabbed ones since then. I have also written a few historical type books and was pleased they were published.

Yep, loved the Albatroses in all DONE-EATIN'

Saw the mountain pass from railway up from Christ Church

Was ready to cook the fish out of Tauranga (Rotura & the wonderful falls not far from the fancy McDonalds)

and looked at the fish and space needle at Auckland.

Fine place - loved every minute...

My name is Matt Parsons. Long time lurker, first time poster. I love to read, learn and I find this forum better than most as far as consistent, unbiased(most of the time)lol knowledge goes. I appreciate all you have taught me over the past few years.

As a newbie, i keep the cotton out of my ears and in my mouth, so i probably wont post often, but thanks for the invite to say Hello.

Thanks again for all of the information you core group offer so freely to those, like me, who wish to learn.

Take care, Matt

Oh yeah, i collect Franklins, my wife collects Merc dimes and we both will buy anything that strikes us as "desirable."

Hello Matt Par....I thought for a moment MTHead was back, icon wise. That poster was banned from ever appearing on any of these boards ever again.