• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Video Interviews on PCGS Secure Plus and NGC Plus Program taken at Ft. Worth ANA

5 posts in this topic

Here are several interviews of various individuals, including Mark Salzberg, Don Willis, David Hall, Steve Deeds (and even ME!) commenting on PCGS's Secure Plus and NGC's new Plus program announcement. This video was put together by David Lisot from CoinTelevision.com and taken at the Ft. Worth ANA. (You might have to wait a few seconds for the video clip to load.)

CoinTelevision clip

So now whenever you disagree with a grade that PCGS gives and want to re-submit it for a re-grade doing a crack and submit, you are pretty much screwed...

The grading services just keep raising the prices for an average collector like myself to get a coin graded. Time to go back to raw and album collecting. That's where the fun in this hobby is for me now.

Ok, I will admit it - I skipped all of the interviews, and fast-forwarded to see what you look like.

:luhv::foryou:

Ha! I like that you admitted it! Hope you weren't too disappointed.... [not sure how to insert the little winking guy?]

Yes, the services are costly, but this new Secure Plus is a completely separate tier and right now at least, it's geared more towards the higher end, more expensive coins. I think this new service will definitely help define the better quality coins within a given grade, although "better quality" is still subjective and will still vary from grader to grader. PCGS and NGC still have their standard grading services that haven't changed.