• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossover or a Non-Slab but graded coin

2 posts in this topic

I have a 1924 $ 20 Gold St. Gaudens that was previously graded in 1986 by ANACS. This is before coins were in put in a slab but they were returned with Black & White Photographs with the grade. At the time the coin received a "Grade Opinion" of MS60/63. The coin has been in a safe deposit box for the last 24 years.

Can this coin be submitted as a CrossOver if all the original ANACS Photos, paperwork, envelopes, etc are submitted with the coin? If so, which grade do I request in the submission since it was graded as a 60/63? Anything else I should do or e aware of for such a submission?

Goldbug,

With an ANACS photo cert, there is no need to request a Crossover service at all. Since the coin is "raw", that being it is not in a sealed holder from another service, you can just submit the coin for grading under the regular tier lines.

Rick Montgomery