• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, Long time lurker here, I would appreciate your opinions on this DDR....

14 posts in this topic

1948 10C DDR FS-801

...as to how many you may have seen, I do not think that NGC grades this variety

yet, the total pop ATS is (3)....my question is this due to it being scarce...or because no one knows or cares about this variety....thank you in advance....

And last but not least....Hello Everyone :cool:

DSC09945-7.jpg

DSC09946-6.jpg

DSC09948-4.jpg

I have seen this "torch top" true doubled die variety before, they are interesting to look at with a loupe, 5x-10x, and that maybe part of the problem, minute doubling in a small area. Nice looking Roosie, not my series, but I know a nice coin when I see one.

Welcome!

Welcome, Sumorada. Are you one of the newly banished, or did you bail from the sinking ship voluntarily, before it took on too much water??

Meant to add...as far as the Roosie goes, it's a nice example, but, as WoodenJefferson said..... Nice looking Roosie, not my series, but I know a nice coin when I see one.

Welcome, Sumorada. Are you one of the newly banished, or did you bail from the sinking ship voluntarily, before it took on too much water??

Thank you, Not banished....just wandering off, I have lurked around for a while here and now seems like the time, just wanna talk coins without having to duck so much....... (thumbs u

Besides, I know a lot folks here and it seems more are .....coming over everyday......one way or the other..... :insane:

The one difference is these forums are a bit slower, but if enough cross the river, it could be lots busier. Late at night, when I can't sleep, it's usually pretty quiet here, where ATS, it's pretty busy all day and night. Good to have you here!

This is a DDR that I was not familiar with, but your excellent images show it to be fairly easy to attribute. Very nice! You better believe I'll be checking mine, first chance I get!

Cool DDR. I'm a big fan of double dies.

Modern double dies are not all that popular, with a few notable exceptions. The well publicized scarcities can often bring outlandish numbers. The numbers known are often quite low - but that is because few care to submit or certify them. This is especially true with the high cost of getting a coin attributed with PCGS - where the extra amount to add the variety to the slab is often more than the added premium due to the DDR!

Hi, Sumo! Welcome to the neighborhood. It seems like we are getting a number of "immigrants" here from Florida. I'm on the southwest coast in Cape Coral.

I can't say for sure why there are no FS-801's in the NGC census. Maybe the submitters didn't pay the extra fee for VarietyPLus.

Chris

Welcome Sumorada!! How come you're not using your cool avatar here? I've always liked that image you did. 

It will be shortly, it is the coolest pic I ever took...and was by accident..

go figure...

Thanks all, this is what is all about....