• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newps -- numismatic literature

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just picked up more stuff yesterday:

1. Briggs' L.S. Quarters book (1991), hard cover, fine.

2. Norweb I,II,III auction catalogs by Bowers and Merena (1987, 1988, 1988), VF.

3. Garrett I,II,III,IV auction catalogs by Bowers and Ruddy (1979, 1980, 1980, 1981), strong F.

I still need to pick up the following:

1. The Fairfield auction catalog (recommended by Coin-beast).

2. The Bass Sylloge, by QDB (recommended by DWL).

3. Kagin's book on Territorial Gold (also recommended by DWL).

EVP

I am not in posession of the catolog, but my guess is "no." The book goes through each denomination and just lists the Types, and gives size, fineness, designer, and dates, with no real additional information.

I have Stack's Type book myself. It is interesting how he chooses to break Type in each denomination and the coin pictures are great too.

I also purchased a copy of the Bass Syllogy, by DQB. It is an interesting read if you are a gold collector. The coin pictures will blow your socks off, as well.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

In answer to EVP's question, the type coin book by Norman Stack was illustrated with the coins from his personal type collection.