• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin returned Nor encapsulated Residue

8 posts in this topic

I submitted a 1963 Franklin for grading and it came back Not encapsulated residue. Should I try to remove the residue and resubmit or just put it in the junk pile. The finish is brillant and there look in uncirculated condition. I am new to this and need help. Thanks

I would save my money and just move on.

Perhaps soak the Franklin in 99% isopropyl alcohol to neutralize the PVC damage and then put it into a flip.

welcome to the forums

sorry to hear about this

i would definately soak the franklin overnight in a closed all glass container in 100% pure acetone you can buy this at walmark or lowes i believe in their paint section

if you can please post a before and after photo of the coin and then we can advise you further

a good group here and once again welcome to the forums :applause:

Sadly I have to agree with Schatzy. That coin is a bit too far gone to save it, but you could learn something about using residue removal materials like acetone byt experimenting with this piece.