• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who else is going to the Ft. Worth ANA Money Show?

28 posts in this topic

What days / times? There are a few of us that are gonna meet up, maybe catch a bite to eat. So, who's gonna be there, who's gonna have a table and who wants to grab some good eats?

Hey, for those of you that are going maybe we need to also exchange info on what sets/coins we are working on. Might be able to set up a trade or something. Always better to see the coins in hand then a photo I think.

I will be there, my car is running like right now but I will find a way lol

Sam, since you are the local, I would guess that it would be best for you to pick a time and place to meet.

Hey, for those of you that are going maybe we need to also exchange info on what sets/coins we are working on. Might be able to set up a trade or something. Always better to see the coins in hand then a photo I think.

Just click my sig banner and take a look, if you think you may have something I may be intrerested in to fill one of the slots in my type set send me a PM.

Just click my sig banner and take a look, if you think you may have something I may be intrerested in to fill one of the slots in my type set send me a PM.

I just sold off a lot of my odds and ends (some are on ebay atm) to focus on a few groups. The only thing I have that you might be interest in is a few large cents. I think there are some great photos of them from Sam in my registery.

Hey guys, I'm going to be there, I'm still trying to talk myself into taking an extra day off from work, and if I can, I'll be there Thursday. I currently have both bugman and Chris contact info, so I'll call you guys say a day before and figure out what the best way to meet up is. But if we are all going to be there on Thursday, why not meet up at "THE BIG ONE" conference that Mr. Hall will be making? Just a thought.

I am also about 6-7 hours away. (about as far north in Arkansas as you can get lol )

I will be leaving after I get off of work, about 1AM Thursday morning.

Bruce, I'll bet there Thursday and Friday most likely. I think it might be easiest to meet up at the luncheon where "THE BIG ONE" will be announced. I'll recognize you, as we've met before. Other than that, I believe Chris and Bugman will be there for sure... anyone else?

Got my rental car already and full of gas and ready to go...

I guess I will post a picture here in a little bit so you guys know what I look like lol

Here is a picture of myself so you guys know who to look for lol

Can anyone point me to a site showing directions on how to get to the luncheon or even where the show is being held for that matter?

IMG_0328.jpg

Just got back and it was a GREAT show.

It was about a 6 hour drive for me (each way) to get there and just to go around and see all the coins they had was well worth the trip.

I got to meet a few other board members (Coindude, Bugmann1974, and Brucewar) which was great.

We were thinking about you all from the boards while we were there also. When we saw the amazing toners, Error's, conner tokens, Sam would keep commenting on how well you would just love them and go nuts. Lets just say Sam is much better and remembering who collects what then I am. I would start saying wow who is that person that collects those and Sam would know. It is just hard to talk about all the great coins we saw.

I am sure the others might disagree with me but to me the 1913 V-Nickel, 1804 silver dollars (yes there were 2) the 1804 double eagle, 1849 pattern $20 gold peace were just so so, the 1913 V-nickel looked like a V-Nickel nothing special to me. For me I liked the other stuff. There were coins that made me think that would should have 2 STARS or there should be something higher then deep cameo. There were also coins that we were wondering just why that did not get a STAR. I know there has been a lot of discussion here on the boards about the STAR but some of these (and there were many of them) left me to really believe that NGC has not rime or reason on the STARs

I got a few little things but did not get a lot as everything I wanted was WAY out of my budget or I would of gotten a better deal.

There was one coin that I liked but didn't jump on if fast enough and it got sold.

I was also happy to see that some of the pattern coins I have and they prices they were going for. I found 4 of my patterns that were in lower grades then I have the same pattern of that they were asking for more then I paid for mine. There were the Judd's; 650, 618, 676, 1050

Like I said before it was a GREAT show and everyone should try to make it if you have one close to your area.

I got to meet a few other board members (Coindude, Bugmann1974, and Brucewar) which was great.

I was a pleasure to meet you as well Chris (and Sam and Bruce!) (thumbs u

I picked up some cool coins, tokens and medals. I will post up some of my finds once I get good photos of them.