• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plate Coin Designation on Slabs

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently purchased this coin:

374866-HandofGod.JPG

A 1754 Germany/Hall pfennig, KM 7. I believe this to be the plate coin used in the standard Krause catalog. I was wondering if NGC could make a determination of whether or not it is the plate coin and if so note it on the holder.

BTW, I think you do an all around fine job with world coins!

Thanks,

-JamminJ

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NGC will identify a coin as the plate coin when we can match it visually. I don't know how good the illustration in KM is, but that would be the deciding factor.

Thanks for the reply! grin.gif

The picture in the Krause isn't great but probably clear enough to tell if it's teh same coin.

I piggybacked this coin along with one of gmarguli's submissions which I believe went in the mail today. Under variety he listed "Krause Plate Coin" so hopefully you'll know where to look. Do I need to do anything else to alert the grader that I'd like this coin reviewed for plate coin designation?

-JamminJ