• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulled out my Mercury War Year Set to upgrade a few.

6 posts in this topic

Thought I would pull out my Mercury Dimes and upgrade a few. Thought I would ask your opinions. I will also upgrade the photos with my soon to arrive new Krypto-Canon(once I learn to use it). lol

Thanks

Jim

MercuryDimeAlbumWarYearsPg1.jpg

MercuryDimeAlbumWarYearspg2.jpg

MercuryDimeAlbumWarYearsPg3.jpg

The camera has my custom settings built in so when you pop the batteries in the dial won't be in automatic picture mode but rather the P mode which allows for custom adjustments including the white balance. So realistically all you will need to do is set the white balance based on your lighting setup (push 2 buttons) and make sure the camera is in macro mode (push one button) ;)

I have faith in you but you can just call me when you get it if you have any problems and I can walk you though any issues by memory.

Looking forward to seeing how you do with it......just make sure you use plenty of light as that's one of the keys with good imaging. :hi:

Thanks Woody, but the nicest coin inhand I cannot seem to photograph--the 43D is beautiful inhand without hardly a blemish and such beautiful color. It may be AT but it is gorgeous up close.

Jim

These must be dedicated to WWII years and not WWI years, correct? If not, then I am looking forward to those early Mercs, too.

I probably won't live long enough to collect the WWI years and definitely short the funds so I probably will start my collection in the mid twenties and go up as time and funds allow. If I can afford to pick up a Merc in the teens, I will and if not, I won't.

Jim