• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another winner!

10 posts in this topic

(This is coin related, see below)

This week seemed like a comedy of errors. It was just a strange week. I got razzed for being the most productive at work. It seems being productive and getting the work done is an oddity at work. Strangely enough someone who comes in anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour late all the time recently got a job promotion...*sigh*

On a cold morning after we had rain the previous night, I slid past my turn off causing me to be 10 minutes late to work as I missed my "shortcut" After getting home after we had rain, I found the basement had water in it, not too much but just enough to be concerned all the same. I came home tonight as it was raining and I had a good layer of water in 1/4 of my basement. I used my wet vac to pick up most of the water and brought down the dehumidifier.

"With no where else to go, Felix Unger..." found my way to the local pub/restaraunt where I proceeded to order dinner, have a drink and play Quick Draw. My first game I hit all of my numbers and won $2,400! Seems like my tough week had a happy ending. I can get the *other* key date in one of the series I am collecting and I will have money left over to have someone re-cement the driveway (were I think the leak is coming from) *or* I could live with the leak and get a better key date, what's a little water when it rains and melts all the snow?

What is it about Friday's?

Thanks,

Dave

Sounds more to me like removing the driveway, digging a ditch around your basement, patching the basement concrete, putting in a French drain and re-paving the driveway! 893whatthe.gif

Sorry Dave makepoint.gif (My arms already feel rubbery from the jackhammer. sumo.gif

Hoot

Hoot,

So what your saying is: a cheap proof set? I'd love to do the work myself but whenever I get involved in something, there is always something behind the walls that I never anticipated. My last "rip", half the wood had water damage. Can I scotch-guard my house? smile.gif I budgeted 3 major projects this year and It's pretty cool that I have some additional cash that I can put towards a 4th. The 4th project is the cement work and getting the garage transformed into a Den (my wife's dream) so maybe I will put $1,200 towards the 4th project and $1,200 towards my coins. I think that's a fair deal.

Dave

so maybe I will put $1,200 towards the 4th project and $1,200 towards my coins. I think that's a fair deal.

Dave

With a spouse in the picture, I think you're doomed. flamed.gif You'd better settle in on that cheap proof set and maybe the gas to get you to the coin shop and back! shocked.gif

Hoot

I will put $1,200 towards the 4th project and $1,200 towards my coins. I think that's a fair deal.

That's how I would handle it. For me found money has half going into savings or investment and the other half for fun!

-JamminJ

Hoot, true... but my wife is pretty cool like that. I actually told her I was going to buy a key date and she said "how much" and I said "...hummina...hummina... uh Hundred" and she was more than fine with it. Little does she know it means "uh, 3 or 4 hundred."

Actually, I'm thinking like JamminJ. Half for Fun and half for "savings/investment" although I will probably keep my share under $500 and the rest will go towards the savings/investment/home improvement side.... man, I'm so cheap!

Dave

Dave -

Your problem is something with your home is something I know more than just a little bit about. So before you go spending money on it for repairs - send me an email and tell me what the suggestions and estimates are. I may either be able to save you some money or offer alternative methods to fix the problem.

And just to keep this coin related - think what you might be able to buy with the savings acclaim.gif

PM Sent.

I'm thinking along the idea of upgrading my Washington collection. Most of the collection is MS or higher. I have a handful of earlier dates that are hideos! I'd probably spend $500-$700 to bring it up to MS (including the 1936-D) as the others are pretty cheap.

Other than that, perhaps some Buffalo's or maybe just one amazing coin... I don't know, an old, silver Commemerative coin. How about a 1909-S VDB?

While I'm waiting for dinner, I'm going to toss $20 at QuickDraw again. Maybe if I'm lucky.....

Dave