• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - NGC Single-Slab Storage Boxes CANCELLED!!!!!!!

12 posts in this topic

Chris, can you post a quick photo of a single slab storage box so we can keep an eye out for you.

I don't think I have ever seen one. And I get around! :cool:

I have no idea why they call them "single slab storage boxes" because they hold about 20 slabs. NGC's are by far the best and most accomodating (of course). I hate the blue Whitman ones, they don't really seem to fit any slab correctly. Here is a picture:

NGCbox2004.jpg

I have no idea why they call them "single slab storage boxes" because they hold about 20 slabs. NGC's are by far the best and most accomodating (of course). I hate the blue Whitman ones, they don't really seem to fit any slab correctly.

They have 2 different boxes, one fits the multi-holder and one fits the single slab.

I think that is why they call it the single slab storage box.

I have no idea why they call them "single slab storage boxes" because they hold about 20 slabs. NGC's are by far the best and most accomodating (of course). I hate the blue Whitman ones, they don't really seem to fit any slab correctly. Here is a picture:

NGCbox2004.jpg

They're also good for holding the old ANACS slabs. I use the foam insert that Eagle sells for their slab pages........just position the slab in the insert and press it into the slot..........perfect!..........no rattling around. This doesn't work in the PCGS box.

Chris

Chris, that's a good idea. I am often annoyed by my ANACS slabs jostling in the NGC box.

Jason, sometimes you just have to improvise. Originally, I was keeping all of my ANACS, NGC & PCGS slabs in the Eagle pages, but it became too much of a hassle removing them when you wanted to add a new date/mm/grade in the proper sequence. Eventually, the pages began to crack, so I took all of them out - NGC slabs went into NGC boxes - PCGS slabs went into PCGS boxes. Unfortunately, the only thing I had for the ANACS slabs was the foam inserts for the pages. I wanted to use them in the PCGS boxes because I have a few extras, but they don't fit.

Chris

Oh, so that's a single slab storage box. I was picturing a box that held a single slab, like a display case. I REALLY need to get more sleep.

I have quite a few but they are all full and I need to get a couple more. I like how they fit in a safe deposit box. They stack well too.

I wonder why NGC has chosen to discontinue them. I actually won one recently from NGC on Numisma-Quest but gave it to my boss after I pestered him to certify some of his better coins.

I always see them on eBay, and that's where I would look.

I dont have any of those boxes. Instead i ust the basic red ones made out of pressed board that are much cheaper and hold about 25 slabs each. I put each slab in a baggie so that it will not get scratched against the rest. Just like keeping my sets together in order and I am able to do it this way.

Also these fit nicely in my safety deposit box like the PCGS and whitman does. The NGC are too long to fit in there like I have the others.