• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello..this is my first post

11 posts in this topic

Welcome CWA. My first impression was AU. Looks to be lacking in luster but that may be the pic. The details just look to be a little worn to me on the high points. The rim ding at 2:00 would be the only one I'd worry about. It may pass and may not, depending on the graders mood. Would be nice to see the Rev.

Howdy and welcome. I don't think the rim issues will amount to anything and I believe your image is quite good outside of a possible issue with proper white balance. However, the coin has hairlines going across it that appear somewhat heavy and I think it would get a details grade instead of a problem-free holder. The hairlines are most evident on the lower third of the obverse across from star two through the portrait and over the date to star nine.

I agree, it looks AU. Its hard to tell how severe the rim nicks are - and how bad they have to be to preclude slabbing seems to vary with how many cups of coffee the graders had that morning.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.

welcome to the boards!!

i like the coin and i think it is a nice au

i think on the rim nicks i dont see a problem with it grading but it is subjective with the services

so i will say 50/50 chance

CWA = Communications Workers Of America?

Are you spending my union dues on coins? :mad:

Oh well, I would probably do the same thing...:blush:

I say AU55 with a beautiful reverse. Also the white balance of the reverse photo is spot on. Whatever you changed worked.

Welcome to the forums!