• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am new, be easy on me.:)

2 posts in this topic

HI! I just joined with a Premium membership. Am glad to be aboard, and hope that you can also give me some tips on submissions.

For my free 5 submissions I am thinking about submitting an 1863 Dix Civil War token (anybody attempts to tear it down, shoot them on the spot), a 1925 Stone Mountain Half Dollar, an 1828 12 star 1/2 cent, an 1893 Columbian Exposition half dollar (from the Chicago World Fair), and an 1854 One penny.

I would hope with my membership you can advise me on the prudence of that potential submission.

I also have several tubes of 2010 Silver Eagles, and 2010 Vancouver Olympic Maple Leafs, and am thinking about submitting some of them in the hopes of getting an MS70.

Lastly I have some 1880/9 overdates from PCGS that I think might be undergraded, would it serve any purpose to send them to you?

Thanks for your help! I am sure I will be castigated for posting at the wrong board, or doing something else wrong, just trying to get an idea of what to submit for grading.

Welcome to NGC! We certainly are hopeful that you enjoy your membership and that you find it a beneficial and rewarding experience for your collecting interest.

In looking at your list of submissions, I can say that there are no wrong choices here. It represents a fine mix of coinage and token issues within the United States.

As you alluded to, modern coins are an extremely popular area of numismatics and you certainly might consider submitting your Eagle and Maple Leaf.

As far as your PCGS coins, should you decide to submit those, please use a separate invoice for our Crossover service.

Enjoy collecting and enjoy your NGC Collectors Society membership.

Rick Montgomery