• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1947-D Walker witha Die Crack ?? Can you grade?

8 posts in this topic

HI all. I jsut got a 1947-D walker with a Die Crack onthe reverse. It runs pretty much Right through the eagle. Seen Die Cracks on Morgans but never on a Walker. I am green so I know that everythign is possible. Just never seen this and wondered if it ads any value? I wouldn;t think it would hurt it. but any ways here are the pics. This baby would go AU Wouldn't she? Thanks

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1407_2.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

Personally, I don't care for die cracks on Walkers but that is a preference of mine. This one is at least an AU 58 possibly MS (hard to tell from pics) This should not hurt the value and may add to it if sold to the right collector.

i think the die crack is cool and it would NOT hurt the value but not really add to the walkers value

but i could be wrong if you find the right collector who thinks the die cracks are way cool and they are!!

at least a choice au

duxbutt------ Personally, I like "die cracks". I think that they are rather neat. Never heard of anyone paying a major premium for them----although I bought a 16D one time just to look at the die crack. I still have the coin----I like unusual coins in many ways.

Agree with James on this one. It could receive a low MS grade -----but at least a high AU coin. Pictures taken on an angle---you just can't get a really accurate opinion. But, a nice "die crack" non the less. Take care. Bob [supertooth]

Thanks All,, I took the Pics to help show the Die Crack. Tomorrow I will post some straight on photos. Thanks again for all your opinions. I really do appreciate it. Thanks Dan