• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to resubmit to the "Mechanical Error" service ???

2 posts in this topic

My last submission included a 1920 Luzern Swiss Shooting pinback medal. It was slabbed in an extra thick holder and unfortunately the medal came loose in transit and is now rattling around inside the holder.

I contacted NGC and Amy Lorenzo replied the next day (thanks Amy) that I should resubmit this to the "Mechanical Error" service for re-encapsulation at no cost to me.

My question is how do I resubmit this to the "Mechanical Error" service? I can find no way of doing this online. Can this only be done with the old paper submission forms? Perhaps I am extra thick today, would someone please explain how to initiate a Mechanical Error submission?

Thank you!

• Administrator

Thank you for your inquiry.

When you are using the NGC online submission forms, choose 'No Tier' from the Tier selection box and then choose 'Mechanical Error' from the Service selection box. Below I've included a screenshot from that page for your reference.

mecherror.JPG