• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VAMWorld Update

2 posts in this topic

Some of you may recall my thread about VAMWorld a short while ago, and I thought I might tell you what I have experienced over there since then.

Others can post all about their latest finds of improperly cleaned VAM's and received oohs & aahs for their efforts, but if I should post something, there is no telling what to expect. For the most part, I am simply ignored.

On one particular occasion someone commented about how a strikethrough might look, and I merely added to what was already said. Immediately, I was "chastised" and he claimed I was putting words into his mouth. I told him that he should "chill out" and not be so defensive. His reply to that was, "????", and that was the end of it.

Just yesterday, I posted some photos and comments about one of my 1878-CC's. I was trying to get an idea of the die state. I know there were quite a few members hanging around because they were posting on other threads. No one replied to my thread for quite a while, and when one single reply finally posted I was informed that I should buy the book recently published about the 78-CC by one of the other members. I responded, "Thanks for the advice. I'll consider the source."

Buy/Sell/Trade is supposed to be frowned upon on the main forum, but I guess it's okay for one of "their own". I thought VAMWorld was supposed to be a place where one could go to learn about VAM's and share information. I guess I was mistaken. To me, their actions seem kind of hypocritical. I can only imagine what will happen when the members have finally written books about every date/mintmark of the Morgan and Peace series'. I guess they will close the site down and open a book store.

Yeah, those good ole boys are probably sitting around the bar right now, slugging down a few brews and slapping one of their buddies on the back, telling him, "You sure showed him!"

Chris