• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you NGC and Forum Members

30 posts in this topic

Without too much information, I would like to thank everyone for thier concern, generosity, and Heart in the matter that ran around in a very frustrating PM started by Chris. lol Things are on hold right now as to the Gracious Generosity of NGC. Thank you NGC very much. We will wait to see how things pan out as time goes by. Thanks again all!!!!! "Honored to be part of such a family", Bobby

Frustrating is being very lenient. I almost beat my keyboard to death and bit off one of the eyepieces on my microscope.

Thanks everyone for putting up with me..........I think?

Chris

I couldn't agree more...just one more reason I will be renewing my NGC membership this month......and no Chris it's not becuase we get to see Dena each year at the NGC forum Luncheons :devil:

I couldn't agree more...just one more reason I will be renewing my NGC membership this month......and no Chris it's not becuase we get to see Dena each year at the NGC forum Luncheons :devil:

I didn't say anything! (shrug)

Chris

Without too much information, I would like to thank everyone for thier concern, generosity, and Heart in the matter that ran around in a very frustrating PM started by Chris. lol Things are on hold right now as to the Gracious Generosity of NGC. Thank you NGC very much. We will wait to see how things pan out as time goes by. Thanks again all!!!!! "Honored to be part of such a family", Bobby

:golfclap: :golfclap: :bump:

For the record, we all owe a big thanks to Mark Feld.

It was his "little birdie" post on the other thread that aroused my curiosity. I sent Mark a PM and he told me that when he read the original thread, he contacted Scott Schechter and offered to pay Rey's membership fee himself. Mark reminded me that Rey's father was an acquaintance of Mark's relative, B. Max Mehl.

Thank you, Mark! (thumbs u

Chris

It was his "little birdie" post on the other thread that aroused my curiosity. I sent Mark a PM and he told me that when he read the original thread, he contacted Scott Schechter and offered to pay Rey's membership fee himself. Mark reminded me that Rey's father was an acquaintance of Mark's relative, B. Max Mehl.

Chris

:applause:

Chris

Chris, much of that was supposed to be a secret ;)

But I still appreciate the thought. And Scott/NGC didn't hesitate for even a second, in doing what he/they did.

Chris

Chris, much of that was supposed to be a secret ;)

But I still appreciate the thought. And Scott/NGC didn't hesitate for even a second, in doing what he/they did.

Sorry, Mark, but I couldn't take credit for something someone else did.

Next time, if you want something to be kept a secret, please tell me. I'm good at keeping my mouth shut when someone threatens me.

Chris

Also, with regards to Chris's post, is it true that Mark Feld is related to B. Max Mehl or is this a joke? It would make for an interesting story though...a whole line

Scroll down to Rey's second post and further on for Mark's comments.

Chris

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=41&Number=2445907&Searchpage=1&Main=129376&Words=B.+Max+Mehl+rbrown4&topic=0&Search=true#Post2445907age of top notch collectors. (thumbs u

Also, with regards to Chris's post, is it true that Mark Feld is related to B. Max Mehl or is this a joke? It would make for an interesting story though...a whole lineage of top notch collectors. (thumbs u
It is no joke. B. Max Mehl was my grandmother's uncle.

I have posted this on a number of occasions, but below is a 1909-S Saint (representing her birth year) which B. Max Mehl gave to my grandmother as a wedding gift in 1930. It was accompanied by a handwritten note of congratulations, and my grandmother left each of them to me. It is a perfect way for me to remember her by.

1909Sinholder.jpg

1909sSaint.jpg

Also, with regards to Chris's post, is it true that Mark Feld is related to B. Max Mehl or is this a joke? It would make for an interesting story though...a whole lineage of top notch collectors. (thumbs u
It is no joke. B. Max Mehl was my grandmother's uncle.

I have posted this on a number of occasions, but below is a 1909-S Saint (representing her birth year) which B. Max Mehl gave to my grandmother as a wedding gift in 1930. It was accompanied by a handwritten note of congratulations, and my grandmother left each of them to me. It is a perfect way for me to remember her by.

1909Sinholder.jpg

1909sSaint.jpg

I'm sure it is one coin that no amount of money could buy. Priceless!

Chris

PS. I posted a link (in my previous post) to Rey's thread where he talked about his father and the relationship he had with Mr. Mehl.

How about another round of applause for NGC? When they renewed Rey's membership, they upgraded him to "Elite" so he could take advantage of the 10% discount.

Chris

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

How about another round of applause for NGC? When they renewed Rey's membership, they upgraded him to "Elite" so he could take advantage of the 10% discount.

Chris

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap::applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Chris

Great move, Mark. Thanks for sharing. Great deeds are performed by great people and we have a very large gene pool here on the forum. I have witnessed many super things done in the short amount of time I've been a member. Thanks to all for being there when needed.

Jim

Great move, Mark. Thanks for sharing. Great deeds are performed by great people and we have a very large gene pool here on the forum. I have witnessed many super things done in the short amount of time I've been a member. Thanks to all for being there when needed.

Jim

That many, huh?

[font:Comic Sans MS] Hi Genes! [/font]

Chris