• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone heard from James....Early_US?

24 posts in this topic

I don't know. The catalog is already out for the Scotsman auction, so that couldn't be taking up his time. I hope he's okay.

Chris

It's beginning to worry me. That's the problem with getting old. When you don't hear from your acquaintances, you have a tendency to fear the worst.

Chris

I don't know. The catalog is already out for the Scotsman auction, so that couldn't be taking up his time. I hope he's okay.

Chris

The current Scotsman auction has quite a few interesting coins, I'm sure he's just busy deciding what to bid on.

Positive thoughts please.

It's beginning to worry me. That's the problem with getting old. When you don't hear from your acquaintances, you have a tendency to fear the worst.

Chris

Couldnt tell you. I remember the last post which was quoted above. Could it be that he is busy doing his taxes as most Businesses etc have to get it out by January 31st. James must have people on here who see him from time to time or perhaps another form of communcation besides these boards.Could be an emergency that concerrns a friend or a loved one and not himself. Chris heard about Rey from a girlfirend. It would seem that if there were a problem that somebody knows some body who would have contacted somebody here if there was a problem.

There is a show in St. Louis, Feb 12-14 that James usually attends The Scotsman Auction is Friday the 12th. I expect to see him at the show, if not the auction too.

Hey guys! Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I did not suffer a nervous breakdown after the last catalog, I have fully recovered from DD (Doritos deprivation) during my long stay in the basement during the cataloging of this most recent sale, and I have even managed to finally get my DSL bills caught up after Scotsman grudgingly compensated me for the long, slave trade 36-hour days I put into the cataloging. (OK, just kidding about that last part.) Honestly, I haven't had a chance to even LURK on the boards lately.

Actually, a pretty simple explanation: I've just been insanely swamped with some home projects recently :( . On top of that, a couple of consignors decided to shock the heck out of Scotsman, and have already slammed them with some lots for the next sale, so I'll be back in the basement this weekend.

Never fear - I expect to be annoying you all with more posts, soon! Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!

One other thing, I realized that I was really, really close to 10,000 posts, and wanted to get a little giveaway ramped up before hitting the magic number. So stay tuned for that - probably fire up the contest this weekend. I would like to come up with some really good prizes, though, and that's taking some doing.

THANKS for asking, and I appreciate all the eMails!

Hey guys! Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I did not suffer a nervous breakdown after the last catalog, I have fully recovered from DD (Doritos deprivation) during my long stay in the basement during the cataloging of this most recent sale, and I have even managed to finally get my DSL bills caught up after Scotsman grudgingly compensated me for the long, slave trade 36-hour days I put into the cataloging. (OK, just kidding about that last part.) Honestly, I haven't had a chance to even LURK on the boards lately.

Actually, a pretty simple explanation: I've just been insanely swamped with some home projects recently :( . On top of that, a couple of consignors decided to shock the heck out of Scotsman, and have already slammed them with some lots for the next sale, so I'll be back in the basement this weekend.

Never fear - I expect to be annoying you all with more posts, soon! Be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!!!

One other thing, I realized that I was really, really close to 10,000 posts, and wanted to get a little giveaway ramped up before hitting the magic number. So stay tuned for that - probably fire up the contest this weekend. I would like to come up with some really good prizes, though, and that's taking some doing.

THANKS for asking, and I appreciate all the eMails!

Glad to hear everything is okay!! :grin:

Glad your OK James. I got my Scotsman Midwest Winter Sale Catalog a few weeks ago. There are some great coins listed with excellent descriptions.

I was following this thread with en-trepidation and I don't even know what that means.

intrepidation - To be apprehensive, fearful, uneasy, nervous, concerned.

apprehensive - See intrepidation. :roflmao:

Chris

Chris

Old collectors never go away...they just get slabbed!

[font:Comic Sans MS] Oh, goody, goody! It's bacon! Oh, please, please, please, please! [/font]

[font:Comic Sans MS] Hey, Mrs. Garciiiiaaaa! Can Jimmy come out to play? [/font]

:whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: