• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the approximate value of a New Zealand florin?

3 posts in this topic

I need the approximate value of a 1933 Obverse George V Emporer New Zealand Florin, various 1935 florins and shillings all having a circulation of about 7500 to 735,000.

Difficulty determing whether some are proofs, thanks to the different colors.

I have posted pictures as each coin from New Zealand is in top condition.

10134.jpg

10135.jpg

I need to know the average approximate grading value for one or two of these coins. Collection includes over 100 coins.

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

You should check a source like Heritage Rare Coin Galleries and Noble Numismatics. Noble is an Australian auction firm and would be a better source for raw coins.

I'm not sure what you are looking for but I can almost assure you that there are no proofs in that group. If there are, then someone made a huge mistake if it is not being sold as one..

Aside from the 1935, I have only seen KGV proofs once, a 1933 proof set. This set has a reported mintage of 20 and sold for $20,000 AUD at Noble a year or two ago. I have seen a handful of KGVI proofs but not many.

The 1935 in my opinion is a common set, even though the reported mintage is "only" 364. Its easily obtainable despite this supposedly "low" mintage.

Most likely, the 1935 proofs are probably more common than most or even all of the KGV circulation strikes in higher grade. But its the only proof set available.

The circulation-strike George V florins are fairly common, but finding an uncirculated example with good luster is a challenge. The same applies to Fiji and Mauritius florins from his reign.