• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIchigan State Numismatic Show - Fri and Sat - Dearborn

4 posts in this topic

Is anyone else going. This is about the only show I seem to make. I plan to hit it early tomorrow and spend a couple of hours. My new strategy is not to buy anything until I have made the rounds once. Last year it was pretty good, but coming on Thanksgiving weekend makes me wonder if anyone will show up. I will let your know if I find anything outstanding.

On Thanksgiving weekend? All the turkeys will show up at the show and gobble up all the good stuff! Of course, you could waddle in, comb your hair and spur a few good sales before others flock to the tables. Maintain a leg up on thigh competition, and keep us abreast. tongue.gif

Hoot

(I know I should be ashamed but I'm not).

Good job, hoot. There has been no local publicity that I have seen, although the show usually has about 200 tables. Many of them are small Michigan and Ohio dealers who, for the most part, sell lower end or modern stuff. However, I usually find 10 or 20 things there worth lusting after.

I went to the show at the opening on Friday. The place was so full of people that it was hard to get through the aisles. Almost all of the 200 tables were in use but there were only about 20% of the dealers that had any sizeable number of high-quality slabbed coins. With a pre-set spending limit I was only looking for a couple of high grade colored commems and had trouble finding coins worthy of investment. I did end up buying four coins and selling five coins and ended up light by over $4,000.