• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM 1896-O Morgan

27 posts in this topic

AU50, or AU details, difference is approx $40... NO shot at MS anything...

I agree. A lot of the luster is gone, and there no way that coin will get into an MS holder unless it's one of the fly by night slab companies. And most of them would not have guts to call that coin MS.

Sorry Chris no way an MS on this one .. just too much damage to the coin itself.

Some cavernous damage on the cheek

AU50 on a good day

Sorry Chris no way an MS on this one .. just too much damage to the coin itself.

Some cavernous damage on the cheek

AU50 on a good day

I should have worn my glasses.

Chris

Agreed to all that this is not Bu but an Au coin at best.. to Any way to alleviate the dipping??

How does it tone naturally?

Thanks

You'd probably be drawing Social Security before it would tone naturally to hide the cleaning. Throw it in the "melt" pile.

Chris

Agreed to all that this is not Bu but an Au coin at best.. to Any way to alleviate the dipping??

How does it tone naturally?

Thanks

You can try, just leave it on a windowsill, eventually it will re-tone, but it may take awhile. Usually I would say, turn it into a pocket piece (that's usually quicker), but this coin really only brings a premium over melt in AU condition, and imo it's very borderline AU at the moment, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Leave it in your pocket for a "pocket piece" for a while is my best advice

It will scrub a little degrading it but it will be down to true metal at that point :o)

Chris,

That is good news....I am already collecting Social Security!!!

:)

In that case, I doubt that you will ever see a return on your investment. :pullhair:

Chris