• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned Roosevelt Lovers

12 posts in this topic

I just received these back from NGC yesterday. I had sent them in for review hoping for * designations. Did not happen, but attractive dimes none the less!

92523.jpg.b02a796a0abc335237a7c44e12535dbc.jpg

92524.jpg.7d2890fb745264d6effbe161ce69165d.jpg

92525.jpg.89093a526d912d896ff57bd26b9c4404.jpg

92526.jpg.6c4fad97b7c83866b2aee473178e59c6.jpg

Lonnie,

Nice color on each, however they're both to dark and crusty for the NGC star based on my experience. Lately the colorful (bright) rim toned and white center coins have a better shot at the star. Additionally, one-sided color more offen than not won't get the star unless it's monster toned.

Regardless, both have pleasent color!

Send them to me and I'll shoot you some great images...

Jim

Thanks for all the nice comments! Greatly appreciated. The 51-S is a little bit darker than what I see in * designated holders, but in hand the toning is very attractive.

On the 52-D, the color is very nice, but one side only. Also not near as dark as my pictures. I just really struggle with getting good pictures!

Thanks for all the nice comments! Greatly appreciated. The 51-S is a little bit darker than what I see in * designated holders, but in hand the toning is very attractive.

On the 52-D, the color is very nice, but one side only. Also not near as dark as my pictures. I just really struggle with getting good pictures!

I'm pretty sure used to own that 52-D :grin: That coin always stood out because Roosevelt's face is so blue, it looks as if he's holding his breath. lol I could never get a good pic of that coin either, this was the best I could do. Nice coins!!

IMG_3081.jpg

Glossy - yes, that is the coin based on the cert number. I've owned this one now for a couple of months. Very attractive coin in hand!

have tried taking a ton of pictures of that coin and never could get the colors right on the obverse!

I like the 51-S the most :)

Question for the OP...If the 52-D is the same, and it was already in NGC to boot, why did you sent it back in and get it reholdered in the new style? Upgrade? You like the prongs?