• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this any way to treat a lady?

9 posts in this topic

Pass the Chapstick Please...... :grin:

I went to a friend's wedding today, and the groom is quite a jokester. When the time came and the pastor told him to kiss his bride, she leaned in for the kiss. He held up his hand to stop her, reached into his jacket and pulled out a stick of chapstick. Only then did he kiss her - and the whole place busted out laughing. Probably one of my favorite wedding moments.

HSV-1.

Sky, I don't mean to sound dense, but I am! What does this mean?

Chris

Chris, it stands for Herpes Simplex Virus 1. Basically it is oral Herpes. Sounds nasty as "heck" right? I dang near had a heart attack when my doctor told me I had it after I had a set of STD tests run (everything else was negative). I had never had any "symptoms", cold sores etc. Actually HSV-1 turns out to be VERY common, roughly 80% of all Americans have it, and in 3rd world countries the likelihood goes up to essentially 100%. Also, it appears most people get it when they are children, by being kissed on the cheek etc., so to call it an STD is rather pushing it. One other little piece of info, it seems to lower the likelihood of people catching HSV-2, genital herpes, which is the sort of herpes you really don't want to get.

HSV-1.

Sky, I don't mean to sound dense, but I am! What does this mean?

Chris

Chris, it stands for Herpes Simplex Virus 1. Basically it is oral Herpes. Sounds nasty as "heck" right? I dang near had a heart attack when my doctor told me I had it after I had a set of STD tests run (everything else was negative). I had never had any "symptoms", cold sores etc. Actually HSV-1 turns out to be VERY common, roughly 80% of all Americans have it, and in 3rd world countries the likelihood goes up to essentially 100%. Also, it appears most people get it when they are children, by being kissed on the cheek etc., so to call it an STD is rather pushing it. One other little piece of info, it seems to lower the likelihood of people catching HSV-2, genital herpes, which is the sort of herpes you really don't want to get.

Thanks, Sky! Yeah, I get the occasional "sore" on my lips, too, but I've only been to see an MD once in the last 30+ years.

Chris