• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you help identify this coin, please? (1765)

11 posts in this topic

I'm trying to identify this coin for a customer of mine. I think it's from a German State, but I'm not sure. Here's the pics:

Any trouble with the links, please let me know. Thanks for any help, guys. (thumbs u

Andy

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b81bade870&view=att&th=1263356079572d6c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b81bade870&view=att&th=1263356079572d6c&attid=0.2&disp=inline&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=b81bade870&view=att&th=1263356079572d6c&attid=0.3&disp=inline&zw

Us guys without G-mail (and who DO NOT wish to sign up) can't see your images. See TwoKopeiki's suggestion, or simply upload the pics here.

Sorry guys. I thought that may be a problem, so I logged out of my gmail and tried to preview them here, and they were still viewable. I figured you wouldn't have a problem after this test, but I knew it would be a possibility. I have photobucket, but this guy saved his pictures as .com photos. I've never seen this before. I saved them to my computer and renamed them to .jpeg, but you can't seem to zoom in on them to see any great detail. I haven't uploaded them yet to my photobucket but I will look into that on Tuesday.

Thanks for the replies so far. (thumbs u

Andy

Sorry, when I put your images into a program that enlarges them, they pixilate before getting to a size where I can see the details or read the legends. I don't recognize the portrait, so 18th Century European is the best I can do at IDing it.

Thanks,

the original .com version through gmail is enlargeable and very clear close up. That's why I tried to leave a link to the actual photos the guy sent me. I wonder if I forwarded the email to one of your email addresses, if that would work. If anyone's cool with that, please PM me.

Thanks again,

Andy

SALZBURG, Austrian State of - 1 TALER, 1765

Ruller: Sigismund von Schrattenbach (1753 - 1771)

OBV.: SIGM DG.A & P.S.A.L.N.G.P.R.I.M

REV.: 1766 and coat of arms of Salzburg

Hope this helps.

Josh

Perfect! Thanks very much Augustus, and physics-fan3.14, as well. (thumbs u

Andy

Hey Thirdgreenham,

You know that 1948 dollar you are after will probably bump to an MS64 once you resubmit it. There is no way that it is a 63 ... definitely a 64. Good luck :) I just picked up a 2000p half or else I'd be bidding for it as well!

Thanks. I wasn't "after" it, I was selling it, and if the buyer wants to resubmit, that is his/her choice. (thumbs u

Andy