• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum etiquette questions

43 posts in this topic

I've gotten into the habit of appending the thread title with "CAUTION: SPAM" if a coin I am showing off will be, or potentially will be, sold in the near future. I do this to try to be courteous to those readers who simply do not want to see potential marketing propaganda, period.

But basically, I personally don't care much about the whole issue or whether people do post coins for sale.

this thread makes me think of a "catalog" section. some place that is for "things to come". sort of a presale thread. gives the chance to gather money needed before sale.

Personally, I think you did the proper thing by posting "for sale" pics in the b/s/t section. I enjoy seeing all the great coins just like everyone else. When "for sale" is mentioned the pics belong in the Marketplace section. Afterall, it is the "Collectors Society" not the "dealers" society. Just my thoughts.

Personally, I think you did the proper thing by posting "for sale" pics in the b/s/t section. I enjoy seeing all the great coins just like everyone else. When "for sale" is mentioned the pics belong in the Marketplace section. Afterall, it is the "Collectors Society" not the "dealers" society. Just my thoughts.

Yep....I don't have a problem with that point of view. I could have easily not mention that they would be for sale when I listed them but frankly...I do respect the member here and I think I have earned a certain trust over the years and it's not worth rubbing folks the wrong way when I can just post the coins elsewhere or tell folks to check out my Ebay account.

Now I did buy some 1958 Mint sets and I might post images of those as I still have to get the coins certified and by the time I get around to selling some....it could be 3 months from now lol

Well, I hope you make a good profit from someone on eBay, because you wouldn't have made it from me! lol

Chris

I was hoping to get $25 bucks for it but I thought that was too steep for you so I threw it on the bay ;)

Well, I hope you make a good profit from someone on eBay, because you wouldn't have made it from me! lol

Chris

I was hoping to get $25 bucks for it but I thought that was too steep for you so I threw it on the bay ;)

$24.99?

Chris

$24.99?

Well, I placed my bid. Let's see if it will get the ball rolling. If I should get lucky, I'll just send you a cashier's check.

Chris

I dont know how others scan the forums but I go to "Chat Board" and depending on the time since I last visited it I go to the "Active" tab and click on either 24 or 48 hours since it is seldom more than 48 hours.I disregard the threads on Sports because I am not interested and Comics and any other field that does not interest me.

I would like to see the coins and don't mind them being presented in any of these "active " forums whether they are fo sale or not. By doing it this way then I am not going to see them unless they are in these forums for the most part.