• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saturday Roundtable

31 posts in this topic

.......at the luncheon, of course!

Okay, we've got Shane, ME! , Tom, Lou, Jason.........who else wants to be adventurous and sit at our table?

Chris

I'd love to be there.

Anyone want to pay for a plane ticket to Orlando for me, and rejuvenate my coin budget with $1,000 spending money?

What, no takers? :sorry:

Note to anyone considering the experience....we will..

#1 be the loudest table

#2 have to endure Chris's countelll questions about slabbing medals

#3 have the hippest attire of anyone at the show :shy:

#4 be the first in line for the buffet....

Ok Chris and Lou...what did I miss?

Note to anyone considering the experience....we will..

#1 be the loudest table

#2 have to endure Chris's countless questions about slabbing medals

#3 have the hippest attire of anyone at the show :shy:

#4 be the first in line for the buffet....

Ok Chris and Lou...what did I miss?

First, you misspelled "countless", so I took the liberty of correcting it for you.

Second, NGC has been slabbing foreign medals for most of last year. The only thing I have to do is find the book by C.W. Betts which covers the medals they will slab.

Third, we'll be the first and last at the line for the buffet.

Fourth, we have to be sure to introduce Jason to Dena, but we must warn him that she is already married.

I think that about covers it. Oh, for those of you who have never met Dena, the sweetestheart of NGC...............

91975.jpg.8da78354d52270ec23c5428a8fe63065.jpg

If there's an empty seat I'll be happy to take it! :foryou:

Chad, you could always hitch-hike down and beg outside the convention center for spare change...Works for hobos.

If there's an empty seat I'll be happy to take it! :foryou:

Chad, you could always hitch-hike down and beg outside the convention center for spare change...Works for hobos.

No problem!

Chris

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Chris

Well, I'd still be excited to go either way... :baiting:

I have never had a problem with the quality of the food but I am fat so what do I know (shrug)

My teenager metabolism finally ended last year and my eating habits caught up to me quick. I'm not exactly a skinny chicken anymore either! I haven't been since 2006, but I remember the food being excellent back then. If it was still as good, I would be sure to come hungry!

My teenager metabolism finally ended last year and my eating habits caught up to me quick. I'm not exactly a skinny chicken anymore either! I haven't been since 2006, but I remember the food being excellent back then. If it was still as good, I would be sure to come hungry!

If you're going to be picky, throw a couple bags of beef jerky and pork rinds in your car.

Chris

If you're going to be picky, throw a couple bags of beef jerky and pork rinds in your car.

Chris

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well, I can't make it this year... but I've already informed my wife that I'm going next year! She said OK!!

Ohhhhhhh sorry to hear that but I heard that cancelled next years show ;)

Well, I can't make it this year... but I've already informed my wife that I'm going next year! She said OK!!

Tampa in 2011! Right in my own backyard... :headbang:

Tampa in 2011! Right in my own backyard... :headbang:

Holy your right.....I thought you were joking doh!

Man that sucks..... :slapfight:

Yeah, I guess you've been spoiled having it in Orlando all these years! :baiting:

It's been in Orlando for as long I can remember, when was the last time FUN was anywhere else? It used to be in Clearwater back in the '50s?

all you guys going to Orlando... and I just got back from there. A week of work for me.. Glad to be back home though... Orlando can keep your slow drivers, lost tourist and sh1tty traffic.

Hey Chris, Dena has already had the pleasure of meeting me, though she probably doesn't remember. I was at the NGC luncheon in 2007 (the last time I got to go to FUN.)

I remember the 2005 show, in Ft. Lauderdale - I stayed with a friend on her dad's 72 foot yacht in the marina. That was a heckuva time!

all you guys going to Orlando... and I just got back from there. A week of work for me.. Glad to be back home though... Orlando can keep your slow drivers, lost tourist and sh1tty traffic.

We who live here year-round say the same thing about the snowbirds and tourists.

Take I-75 North or I-95 North, PLEASE!

I remember one occasion when I was headed to work on Ft. Myers Beach, and a carload of tourists stopped at the top of the "busy" Matanzas Pass "Skybridge" and got out of their car to take pictures.

Chris