• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friday at Long Beach

5 posts in this topic

Pretty good day today for me today. I was able to sell some gold: 1927-P Quarter Eagle and a 1909-D Half Eagle. Gold has gone up since I bought them so I did OK.

I bought a very nice AU55 10-S Eagle from Mike's Coin Chest. I also got a VERY nice 1939 Oregon Trail in the Heritage Auction. I'll be posting a pic soon.

Also, if you need a coin broken out of a holder in a VERY quick and safe manner talk to EVillage Prowler. He's an expert. laughy.gif (inside joke...I wonder if he'll see this thread)

One thing I noticed both today and yesterday. It was relatively easy to find parking. Maybe the show wasn't as busy as normal (???). Also, some dealers have complained the show was too soon after FUN. It's tough to come up with cash so soon after a big show. LB is usually later in Feb but this year it bumped right up to the FUN show.

Another note: This LB will be the LAST to be open on Sunday. It will be a three day show from now on.

jom

I didn't have any trouble parking either on Thursday, but it seemed plenty crowded inside. I'll be there again tomorrow for the lunch.

Jom,

Bourse table rates are increasing 25% too.

From what I've been told that isn't unusual. It's been going up at a high rate since whatshisname start running the show. I think, in the long run, this show is going to die out. mad.gif Then what would I do??!! frown.gif

jom