• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"banned" e-mail address??

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone... I just tried changing my e-mail contact info for the boards to my yahoo address and was informed that my e-mail address was banned... what's up?? Did I inadvertently irk someone??

I don't think it's your exact email address that's banned - I think they ban all email addresses from free email clients like Yahoo! and Gmail to prevent people from making shill accounts.

thanks... I was worried for a minute... L
I think Chad is correct. But if you still have questions or concerns, why not contact a forum administrator?

This topic has come up in the past and from what I remember and/or understand, NGC made the decision years ago to not allow email addresses from free access email servers in an attempt to limit the number of spam users or troll accounts.

And in the past I'm sure that was quite prevalent. Probably not so much now because individual ISPs allow you to create multiple emails per paid account.