• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lion dollar help Fake or real?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all.

Long time no hear, I'm back. Please bear with me it's been a couple of years since I've posted, hopefully, I can get an answer on this.

I asked a long time ago and was told this coin was from Denmark but after some research I've come to the conclusion it's from the Netherlands.

My problem is this coin is supposed to say MO. ARG. PRO. CON. BELG. TRANS my coin is missing the G in BELG. Here's a few sites I checked out. Lion Dollar And Pics of lion Dollars my problem is also the date the 7 and 9 look suspicious to me but, seriously, I don't know. I need to sell it but would like to know if it's legit. By the way the weight is about right 26 grams.

334243073_o.jpg

There's supposed to be a G in between the L and T

334243080_o.jpg

334243094_o.jpg

Here's the date

334243106_o.jpg

I am by no means an expert but it looks real to me.

Here are a few genuine ones to use for comparison...

1638WF-1200.jpg

1638UT-1200.jpg

1698-1200.jpg

Your Daalder looks G-VG and is probably worth between $150 - $200.

Thanks.

I bought these three as a lot in a 2008 Heritage auction and sold the best and worst on eBay which let me keep the middle one for next to nothing.

I wish I had kept the Utrecht but that's life.