• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you hate......

12 posts in this topic

Don't you hate winning a coin on ebay and then coming home to find the "sorry we missed you" slip in the mailbox. My new coin is at the post office waiting for me to go pick it up.

4a_1_s.JPG

Got this one to replace my MS 65 in the registry set. This one has toning which I like and is graded MS 66.

That's not nearly as bad as not getting one. Snagged a nice $2.50 Sesqui off eBay for my fiance for XMas right before I went to TN (where she and family live) and had it delivered to my father's house. Didn't see it while I was in TN and we hadn't seen it a month later. A couple emails and a claim later by the seller, come to find out it's sitting at the PO... and I'm back in FL. The PO states they left a note that it was there the 23rd... but I checked the mail DAILY while I was in TN and NOTHING showed up.

Better late than never though I guess.

Don't you hate winning a coin on ebay and then coming home to find the "sorry we missed you" slip in the mailbox.

That's what PO Boxes are for. Never have to be home to get it. smile.gif

Some days when the mailman is late and I'm just arriving home and see the slip, I'll hunt that guy down in my car until I find him. I practically know his entire route. 27_laughing.gif

Leo

That's a wonderful looking coin, I would love to see the reverse, also.

I've asked my PO to call my house in the morning whenever I have a package that needs to be signed for. So, on those days that the PO opens before I leave the house, I simply go there and pick up the package. This also works well for Saturday deliveries. Our PO is very good about doing this for us.

I've asked my PO to call my house in the morning whenever I have a package that needs to be signed for. So, on those days that the PO opens before I leave the house, I simply go there and pick up the package. This also works well for Saturday deliveries. Our PO is very good about doing this for us.

you must be living in a smaller town than i am...wow..what service...