• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circulated gold

11 posts in this topic

Now ordinarily a circulated US gold coin is not unusual - fairly common actually. They can be found in many different denominations, dates and mint marks.

But how often do ya see one of these that's circulated ?

2002AGEobv.jpg

2002AGErev.jpg

Very interesting! The wear patterns on the obverse are very close to what you see on circulated Saints, however the lower relief (relative to the low-relief saints) seems to cause more wear on the high points of liberty than you would see in a similarly worn Saint. By the way, the lowest graded Saint I've seen is a VF I think, and it looked nicer than yours!

By the way, the lowest graded Saint I've seen is a VF I think, and it looked nicer than yours!

Shhhhhhhh - don't tell Braddick - he'll wanna buy it 893whatthe.gif

Hoot ya know me too well 27_laughing.gif

Shhhhhhhh - don't tell Braddick - he'll wanna buy it

lol! I mentioned this thread to him today at lunch. Let's see if he finds it.... laugh.gif

jom

Pocket PIECE would be more like it. This coin has got to be RARE in this condition.

It is Bill - it is !! Imagine if I had it graded - I'd have a Pop Top 893whatthe.gif

" Is " - is the correct term. Once a Proof always a Proof - no matter how impaired it may be.

But to answer the question - no. It is a business strike.