• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting French Medals - Need Help!

6 posts in this topic

When I received my renewal packet, I was pleased to note that NGC is now accepting French medals for encapsulation. Wanting to know more specifics on the subject, my searches led me to this page, www.ngccoin.com/services/tokensmedals.asp

Scrolling down to "France" the guide indicates that medals from 1515-1958 are accepted as listed in the Mitchner reference, but a search for "Mitchner" on Google proved fruitless. Is anyone familiar with this reference work? Does anyone know his first name? I've tried "Ask NGC", but it has been two weeks with no response.

Thanks!

Chris

After a bit of looking I found this...

Michael Mitchener Jetons, Medallets and Tokens Vol. 1 Mediaeval period & Nuremberg Seaby 1988

Michael Mitchener Jetons, Medallets and Tokens Vol. 2 The Low Countries & France 1991

It looks like NGC misspelled his name! (shrug)

Thanks, guys. I thought it might be a spelling error. At least it's part of it, that is, through 1914. But, NGC cites his works through 1958. While I don't have too many dated after 1914, it would be nice to have at my disposal.

Chris