• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone out there into Shipwreck finds

8 posts in this topic

Hi all .. you may remember my diveing mate (youtube video)

Well he has been out in the North east sea and found this 1850's hamilton on a ship wreck and he has asked me to post it hear to see if anyone in the USA is intrested in this encrusted bottle .

IMG_0023-3.jpg

The only shipwreck I had anything to do with was a drink I concocted back in 1981 when I worked at an outdoor bar at a marina.

Shipwreck

3/4 oz. Rum

3/4 oz. Brandy

3/4 oz. Triple Sec (Note: Use Grand Marnier instead of Triple Sec for a Golden Hind

3 oz. Orange Juice

3 oz. Sour Mix

Place ingredients in a mixing glass half full of ice. Shake and strain into a 12 oz. glass full of ice. To serve frozen, place ingredients and 8 oz. of ice into a blender and mix on "High" for 5-10 seconds. Serve in a 16 oz. hurricane glass.

Chris

Question: How do you stand a bottle up like that?

Was it in a cask?

I think they were used (only) aboard ship to store water, and were placed in crates or barrels full of straw.

Chris

Question: How do you stand a bottle up like that?

Was it in a cask?

I think they were used (only) aboard ship to store water, and were placed in crates or barrels full of straw.

Chris

Hi all glad you like it.

the bottle is a Hamilton (inventors name) and they were made for "Pop" (Aerated waters) and were made to be stored on there sides so the cork was always wet from the contents .. so that there was a tight fit and the gas could not escape rendering the "pop" flat.

the bottle is a Hamilton (inventors name) and they were made for "Pop" (Aerated waters) and were made to be stored on there sides so the cork was always wet from the contents .. so that there was a tight fit and the gas could not escape rendering the "pop" flat.

I just learned something new! :)